Friday, May 18, 2012

vicious possessions

that wooden worn broom
pains my pupil like a cross eyed zoom
the innocent vase of mehogany
fills my heart with agony
the stiff hanger with that dry cleaned shirt
reminds me of grazing hurt
those shiny fashionable belts
brings up horrific images of welts
the polished leather shoe
makes me see black and blue..
a manicured extended nail
has the power to make
me go pale.
a porcelain doll so sweet
makes my heart fearfully beat
an umbrella so colorful and sleek
can create a mood quite bleak...

for that broom almost broke my nose
and that vase once crushed my toes
the wire hanger made my arms bleed
the belt was a consequence for any unapproved deed.
a pointy shoe used to kick with force in my rear
and those sharp nails deep in my flesh would tear.
my playmate dolly was thrown violently on my feet
an umbrella tip did my skull harshly meet

the trauma relives itself
as on stray items I trip
staring at me from every shelf
into disturbed distraction I slip
random belongings a
nightmare trigger
trivial in appearance -
their power much bigger
pretending I'm blind, to find a semblance of
peace
the abuse forever haunts, in every crevice and crease.

No comments:

Post a Comment